Monday, December 13, 2010

Pumpkin Cinnamon Pudding Cake

1 1/4 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I would use a little less next time.)
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 c butter, softened
1 3/4 c packed brown sugar (I used  less)
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup boiling water
2 Tbs butter, softened

vanilla ice cream or whipping cream

Pre-heat oven to 350.  Coat 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.  In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 1/2 tsp of the cinnamon, the ginger and nutmeg.  Set aside.  Boil water and melt 2 Tbs butter in it.  Keep hot.

In a separate bowl beat the 1/4 c butter and 3/4 c of the brown sugar for about 2 minutes on medium speed.  Add sour cream, pumpkin, and vanilla.  Beat for 3 - 4 minutes.  Add flour mixture; stir with a spoon just until combined.  Spread batter in baking pan.  sprinkle remaining brown sugar over the top.  This is where I used about 2/3 the amount.  Then sprinkle the remaining 1 tsp cinnamon over the top.  I would use a little less next time - maybe 3/4 tsp?  Pour hot butter/water mixture over the top.

Bake 30-40 minutes (mine took 40) or until the top springs back when lightly touched in center.  Cool for a bit.  Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment