Friday, October 22, 2010
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
1 lb ground Italian sausage
1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 large diced white onion
4 Tbs bacon pieces
2 tsp garlic paste (I used minced. Same amount)
8 - 10 cups water
5 chicken bouillon cubes
1/4 c heavy cream (the recipe calls for 1 cup)
1 lb sliced russet potatoes (about 3 large) I used about 6 or more, yukon gold, diced.
1/4 bunch fresh kale, cut into small pieces
Sautee the sausage and crushed red pepper flakes. Set aside.
Saute bacon, onion and garlic for 15 minutes or until the onions are soft. (I precooked the bacon, then saute'd.)
Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, etc. in a large stock pot. Cook until boiling.
Add potatoes and cook until soft, about 1/2 hour with russets.
Add cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
Stir in sausage.
Add kale just before serving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Jen, Trav is going to LOVE you!!!!(more than he already does of course) This is his FAVORITE soup at Olive Garden. Thanks for sharing it :)
ReplyDelete